Body re-education for pain relief and self-healing
Ortho-Bionomy is light-touch body work. It combines Osteopathy principles with energetic and philosophical concepts from Martial Arts and Homeopathy. Together, it provides a unique system of body re-education.
It is excellent for pain relief and self-healing. You learn to be more at ease physically and energetically, and may also experience changes in your attitudes and emotions.
- Stimulates the nervous system; changes can often be immediate and profound.
- Reduces stress, tension and pain; restores vitality, energy and a feeling of well-being.
- Relaxes the body so all the systems can function more freely; this supports and speeds healing.
- Improves balance, posture and range of motion as your body becomes more mobile and flexible.
- Works well as a compliment to all other healing systems.
- Safe and gentle enough for new-born infants, pre/post-operative care, mild discomfort or acute body pain.
- Effective in dealing with chronic issues, traumatic events (physical and emotional), sports injuries and many other common ailments such as:
- Neck and Back Pain
- TMJ Discomfort
- Frozen Shoulder
- Knee Injuries
- Shock and Trauma Resolution
- Rib Problems
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Note: Ortho-Bionomy is not a substitute for appropriate medical care, exercise or nutrition.
How it works
During an Ortho-Bionomy session, you are fully clothed. Dawn will ask you to describe areas of discomfort, and to give feedback throughout the session to make sure you are comfortable. (Working within comfort zones is one of the most important principles of Ortho-Bionomy.)
The gentle movements and subtle pressure used result in deep relaxation, and loosening of the tight muscles around restricted areas.
Rhythmic movements and isometrics or integrative exercises are used to help re-educate your body and reinforce the work.
After a session
Having been activated, your body’s self-correcting reflexes naturally bring your structure and energy back into alignment. Unhealthy tension patterns often resolve, while circulation, flexibility and range of motion increase.
Although one or two sessions may relieve specific symptoms, for chronic problems several sessions over a longer period of time may be necessary to release the body’s adaptive reactions, and re-educate it to more natural and healthier responses.
Contact Dawn with any questions, for more information, or to book an appointment.